BATH — With a big crowd of well-wishers in attendance, the Bathtub Board of Trustees acknowledged retiring Bathtub Police Division Det. Lt. Richard Munsey Dec. 19.
Police Chief Vito Sinopoli spoke about Munsey’s 51 years of service to the township stating Munsey started as a police cadet in 1971 and rose via the ranks as a police officer, detective sergeant and detective lieutenant. Sinopoli famous Munsey has obtained quite a few awards all through his profession and labored a wide range of advanced prison circumstances, together with the high-profile Jeffrey Dahmer investigation, the Dean Milo homicide investigation and the James McCartney investigation.
“The massive group of mates and colleagues gathered here’s a testomony to his [Munsey’s] affect on the group,” stated Sinopoli.
Munsey, whose retirement is efficient Dec. 31, thanked trustees for the consideration and shared reminiscences of his years of service.
In different enterprise, trustees accredited:
• the acquisition of two 2023 Ford Police Explorers from Montrose Ford at a value of $46,537 every, changing 2019 and 2020 Explorers with over 80,000 miles. Sinopoli famous that ordering the autos at the moment is critical to make sure supply in 2023, and stated the present worth is a $9,000 enhance over the value paid for comparable autos final 12 months;
• the 2023 service contract with B&C Communications for police and fireplace radio consolettes at a value of $8,083;
• a fee of $4,553 to Ohio Unmanned Plane Techniques (UAS) for the township’s new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise drone, with a Bathtub Neighborhood Fund grant overlaying $2,500 of the price;
• a three-year upkeep settlement with Generator Techniques for the Service constructing’s back-up generator;
• a fee of $18,837 to Superior Air Options for the heating/air-conditioning system and water heater for renovations of the Historic City Corridor;
• an settlement with Summit County for the 2023 pavement upkeep program;
• the acquisition of a five-ton dump truck physique and gear from Henderson Merchandise Inc. at a value to not exceed $107,862, to be put in on the dump truck chassis lately bought from Hissong Kenworth to be used as a winter snow plow and summer time development dump truck;
• becoming a member of the Neighborhood College Training Council of Governments buying cooperative for quantity buying of street salt; and
• a contract with Davis Water Therapy for service, upkeep and testing of services water techniques mandated by the Ohio Environmental Safety Company.
As a part of the ultimate assembly of 2022, trustees accredited the adoption of the 2023 Organizational Decision, Personnel Coverage Guide, and Job Description Guide, which govern township operations, and elected Sharon Troike to function 2023 board president and Sean Gaffney as vice chairman.
The trustees will subsequent meet Jan. 9 at 7 p.m. within the trustees assembly room on the Bathtub Middle Constructing, situated at 3864 W. Bathtub Street. Conferences are additionally accessible for viewing through a hyperlink at www.bathtownship.org.