If you are a tech-savvy person familiar with Android Debug Bridge or ADB, you already know the benefits when you receive it. ADB is widely known as Android Debug Bridge. ADB is the officially provided way of interacting with Android devices via terminal from desktops and laptops. This is a flexible way to control your Android devices through the Windows PC using commands. So, do you need to download ADB for Mac? But do you know the real reason to download the ADB driver on your Mac device, let’s see about that!
As an Android user now you know how essential it is to install ADB on their PCs as it allows them to unlock the bootloader and even rescue a dead phone. However, some Mac users are having trouble download ADB on their Mac devices. So in this tutorial, let’s see how to install and set up ADB on your Mac and connect your Android device with it. Keep reading!
Introduction for Android Debug Bridge or ADB
Android Debug Bridge or ADB is a flexible command line tool that helps you to send commands from your Windows or Mac to your Android smartphone. Then, you can control your Android device through your PC easily. It is essential to act as a bridge to simplify the communication between your Android device and PC. If you download ADB driver, you can unlock the bootloader, install or uninstall applications, reboot your device, enter recovery mode, and even flash custom recoveries and ROMs.
Why do you really need to download ADB driver?
Do you need to install ADB setup download for Mac; but why? Whether you want to backup your Android device, debug it, sideload an APK, unlock the bootloader, install a zip file, uninstall system apps, root, and flash TWRP recovery, tweak device settings, or collect key information about your device, ADB is an essential tool. And if you install this ADB on your Mac device, it gives more features for you.
- Quick installer
The quick installer allows you to install the Google ADB Driver simply in a few seconds. Quickly connect your Android device to your Mac and run the ADB
- Good compatibility
It is properly compatible with any Android device such as main brands like Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Xiaomi, or any minor brands like Amazon.
- Detects Manufacturer Name and Model
ADB automatically reveals the Manufacturer’s Name and the Model of different devices and displays it under the Manufacturer and Description List.
- Refresh Button
The refresh button helps you quickly refresh the device list that is attached to the PC. But keep in mind that it is only available for version 2.0. And it is not available for version 1.0.
- Supports Windows x86 and x64 bit
Automatically detects the BIT of your computer and you can install the ADB on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 easily. And it properly works with Windows 11 newest version.
How to install ADB on Mac with the complete user guide?
Even if you download ADB on your computer, it is of no use unless you set up your Android device first to work with ADB. You can use this simple step guide to easily install the ADB driver on your Mac device.
- Firstly, download the Android SDK Platform Tools ZIP file for macOS
- Remove the ZIP file to an easily-accessible location such as the Desktop for example
- Then, open Terminal
- To browse to the Zip folder, enter the following command: cd /path/to/extracted/folder/
- Connect your Android device to your Mac with a proper USB cable. Now, swap the USB connection mode to “file transfer (MTP)” mode. But this is not always needed for every device, but it’s a better way to just leave it in this mode so you don’t run into any issues
- After the Terminal is in the same folder your ADB tools are in, you can execute the following command to launch the ADB daemon
- On your device, you can see an Allow USB debugging prompt. Allow the connection.
- Now, install ADB
- Finally, re-enter the command from step 7. If everything was finished, you can now see your device’s serial number in macOS’s Terminal window
Now you are ready to run any ADB command on your device! Now go forth and start modding your Android device.
While this guide above will fully work, new Mac users can also opt to install ADB for Mac download using an unofficial package manager such as the Homebrew method. This is an open-source package manager that allows you to easily install missing packages. That way, no need to manually update the binaries! So, if you are a newbie to this field, you have the option to install the ADB driver using this Homebrew method!
How to use ADB on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms?
After successfully installing ADB on your Mac, Windows PC, Linux system, or Chromebook, using it is just a matter of executing various ADB commands in the Terminal. Surely, you have connected your Android device to your PC using better USB debugging enabled. Then, you can try different commands and experience Android with a whole lot of different performances. To help you get started, given below are a few of the most commonly used ADB commands.
- ADB devices: Shows connected devices
- ADB root: Restarts ADB with root permissions
- ADB reboot: Reboots the device
- ADB devices: Shows a list of devices by model
- ADB shell: Starts the background terminal
- ADB reboot bootloader: Restart your device in the bootloader
- ADB reboot: Restarts your device
- Fastboot reboot: Restart the device from bootloader mode
- ADB start-server: Starts the ADB server
- ADB kill-server: kills the ADB server
In conclusion, if you want to do more things with your Android device using important commands, there is nothing more than to download ADB on your Mac device. It is a very flexible command line tool that allows you to control your Android device through the PC. And for more info, you can follow our official website. So, just try and let us know your ideas through the comment section!