Premature ejaculation is a fairly common sexual problem that men suffer from. However, it is possible to cure the dysfunction with proper measures. Exercise has proved to be as beneficial as treating the condition with treatments and medication. So, here we are going to explore the causes and the best exercises for PE, which will ensure to improve the sexual experience of both you and your partner.
Premature Ejaculation means a man reaching their climax and releasing semen (ejaculation) sooner than they wanted during sex. It can be a reason for unsatisfactory sexual experiences for both them and their partner.
There are a number of reasons for untimely ejaculation. It can range from stress, anxiety, sexual repression, hormonal imbalance, and neurological issues to bad body image issues.
What is Ejaculation?
The process of ejaculation begins in the brain. It receives signals through your spinal cord after you have reached the extent of attaining an orgasm. Consequently, your brain signals you to eject semen and lets you attain sexual pleasure. It happens in two stages,
- Emission: The sperms move from the testicles to the prostate at the base of the penis. Then, it mixes with seminal fluid and produces semen.
- Expulsion: Expulsion occurs when the penile muscles rapidly contract and force the semen to release. Ejaculation and climax often take place together. However, it is not mandatory for everyone every time. After this, usually, the erection loses its hardness.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation is the condition when a man releases semen sooner than expected during sex. Premature Ejaculation is a common occurrence among men. However, it is not very threatening if the instances are limited only a few times. But it can become a matter of concern if the frequency rapidly increases. If you are unable to delay the ejaculation or ejaculating too soon after penetration almost every time, then you should definitely try to seek help from experts.
Premature ejaculation is treatable. Consulting with your doctor, you can find medications, treatments, exercises, and practices to effectively deal with the condition.
What causes Premature Ejaculation?
Sexual dysfunctions were earlier considered to be caused solely by psychological issues. But now, with advanced studies and research, many more reasons have been found which can cause premature ejaculation. There can be certain biological, chemical, and even emotional reasons that can trigger PE.
- Psychological causes can include anxiety regarding ejaculating prematurely, depression, earlier sexual experiences, and body image issues.
- Biological factors that can cause trouble are imbalanced hormones, infection in the prostate, erectile dysfunction, and ageing.
Different Exercises to Delay Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be treated with medications, counselling, and the incorporation of behavioural techniques. It will take consultation with your doctor to decide which treatment or combinations of treatment works best for you. However, there are plenty of different kinds of exercises that are found beneficial to reverse and check the causes and effects of premature ejaculation.
So, here is a list of exercises that are highly recommended for premature ejaculation:
- Kegel exercises. These exercises help strengthen and tone the muscles in a man’s pelvic region. For the proper functioning of all the primary male sex organs, good muscle strength is very important. The muscle strength determines the ability to maintain the erection and control other pelvic floor muscles, which operate together to release semen during ejaculation.
You can perform Kegel exercises while sitting, lying, or standing in all positions. Therefore, it makes it very convenient to include in your lifestyle. It includes tightening the pelvic floor muscles and holding onto them for a few seconds to return to the initial position. This practice helps you learn how to control your pelvic muscles to extract the best possible experience from sex and delay premature ejaculation.
- Dhanurassna (Bow Pose). In these yoga poses, you need to bend your body like a bow. It helps to stimulate the reproductive organs, which improves your ability to control the duration you can continue to have sex. The bow pose also helps to relieve stress and fatigue.
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend). This pose requires you to sit straight with your legs stretched forward in hip-width. Then, stretch your arms upward towards the ceiling, bending them slowly forward to touch your feet. This asana might seem very simple, but it is highly effective to control premature ejaculation. For maintaining an erection, the peroneal muscles need to be toned, which is done by this asana.
Premature ejaculation can be cured. There are plenty of different kinds of treatments to check this dysfunction. You can easily find some certified specialist who can guide you through your treatment with their expert opinion. There are ways other than medications that help to improve this condition. Therefore, bringing in some lifestyle changes, finding healthy ways to deal with mental health, and including some exercises in your daily routine will help you to achieve a healthy and satisfactory sex life.