We all use USBs and Hard Disks these days to store essential data. And it is sometimes necessary that we format the USBs or format them and create bootable or Live USBs. And there are many cases where you have to create a USB installation media from a bootable ISO, which would need a bootable USB drive. All of these requirements can be fulfilled with the powerful open-source software called Rufus. But what if you wished to use Rufus for Mac free download? What does it say about these? Read more!
Rufus is a portable, free, and open-source application so it is very important to create or format bootable USB flash drives easily and fastly. But we have a question about Rufus for Mac free download. If you are searching for Rufus for Mac, read this article. We are ready to give you all the information about this. So, stay with us!
What is Rufus?; Everything you need to know
Rufus is a super powerful, free, and open-source software that is useful to create or format a bootable USB flash drive using an ISO image file. This software was developed by Pete Batard. Rufus is specially designed for Windows devices and it properly works with all Windows versions hassle-free. Just as I mentioned below, Rufus is not workable for Mac, Linux, and Ubuntu platforms. In this article, let’s discuss how we try Rufus for Mac free download in detail.
Rufus free download can be especially useful in these cases;
- Create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- You can work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- Flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- Run a low-level utility
What does it say about Rufus for Mac free download?
Unfortunately, there is no Rufus Mac download version yet. Now you know, Rufus is a Windows-based tool but it is a really great utility to create bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs using ISO image files. If you really want to try Rufus for Mac free download, you have to install Windows on the Mac platform and then install Rufus on your Windows. I know, this is a bit of a complex method for all beginners and experts. So, let’s find out some simple methods to use Rufus.
Try this method to run Rufus free download on your Mac device
Have you ever heard of or tried out the virtual machine method? This is a method to create a virtual machine to run Windows on Mac devices. Using this method, you can directly try Rufus download for Mac. And we can easily run and install Rufus like any other Windows platform on your Mac devices. This is a great method but a bit tedious. We can use VMare Fusion Player. Follow these steps accurately!
Steps to use the virtual machine
- First of all, download and install VMare Fusion Player
- Create a virtual machine to install Windows; To install Windows, get the ISO image for Windows 10 and 11. Download the ISO image file from Microsoft’s official website
- Then, press the “Continue” icon to create a virtual machine
- Then, you are ready to Windows on VMare Fusion Player
- Now you have installed Windows on your Mac system. Finally, you can easily download and install Rufus after downloading it
If you failed to try this method, you can use alternatives for Rufus. If you really need to download Rufus on your Mac device, you can try this virtual box method. But you have another option! Using alternatives makes your work easier. There are plenty of alternatives for Mac that can provide the same functionalities as Rufus.
Best Rufus alternatives for users
This is the greatest alternative for Rufus 2023 free download for Mac. Talking about alternatives for Mac, the first application that comes to mind is Etcher. It is a powerful open-source utility and you can use this to install Rufus on any Mac, Linux, and Ubuntu platform.
- Free app forever
- UI is very clean and simple
- You can create a bootable USB from Linux ISO and macOS DMG image
- Constantly updated for the bug fix
- Windows ISO is not supported
This is a well-known alternative for creating or formatting bootable USB flash drives. It is open-source and specially created for Linux platforms like Rufus. It properly works with any Windows, Mac, Linux, and Ubuntu platforms. And it can run an operating system live on the USB flash drive.
- A better option for various types of ISO images
- You can download ISO Linux using UNetbootin
- Open-source application
- Completely safe tool
- A standalone app without any installation
- Not user-friendly for beginners
- Old-style User Interface makes your work slow
- You cannot create a bootable USB from Windows 10/11
This is a powerful and fastest alternative for Linux, macOS, or Windows. Since we are finding the best alternatives for Rufus, Terminal is one of them.
- Flexible tool than
- Completely works on Mac OS devices
- No need to download or install any special software
- Not user-friendly for beginners
Benefits of Rufus
If you get Rufus for Mac free download, you can try out the virtual machine method. Then, you can get all these benefits from one tool.
- Free tool forever
- Compatible with old BIOS and firmware
- Completely safe software
- Completely free from security threats
- Small app
- The fastest app for creating bootable USB flash drives
- Do multiple performances
- Compatible with both GPT and UEFI systems
- No requirement to install any software to run on an executable file
- You can use your own USB bootable drives and avail the flexibility of the app
- Flexible tool
- Compatible with multiple languages
- Simple to configure
In conclusion, we’ve discussed the best methods for Rufus for Mac free download to create bootable USB drives quickly and easily. Rufus is a great utility to create bootable USB flash drives. Unfortunately, there is no Mac version yet. So, now you can use these methods to download Rufus on your Mac devices. The suggestions in this article almost do the same thing as Rufus on Windows so don’t need to worry about the functionality. Then, try out all these methods and select the best one!